How does BnkToTheFuture.com work?
Who are the BnkToTheFuture.com investors?
You can think of BnkToTheFuture.com as an online Angel Investor Network / Dragon’s Den / Shark tank where businesses pitch their companies online and thousands of investors are the Angels or Dragon investors.
We want you to succeed as we earn fees when you raise your finance, but ultimately only the crowd decide if you get funded by voting with their wallets.
The crowd can be anything from a qualifying professional investor who wants to invest as little as $100 and build a large portfolio, to a venture capital fund, or a rich investor with $1m that wants to invest a larger sum in your company, and everything in between.
Why use BnkToTheFuture.com?
We are a global Equity CrowdFunding platform that allows qualifying investors to invest in companies like yours online through our platform.
This allows you to raise finance from a ‘crowd’ of large and small investors who can pool money and digital currencies together, bringing a new source of money for your business that never existed before.
Traditional ‘rich’ investors can invest as normal, but now other qualifying investors can co-invest in a safe and secure environment where both the investor and your business benefit from the additional protection of raising finance through our platform.
What are the fees?
- Businesses choose us because we have the most global solution for raising finance and more sources of investors than anywhere else.
- BnkToTheFuture.com brings in additional money globally alongside traditional angel investment, it is not an alternative, so why turn down more money?
- Millions of dollars and all other leading currencies are invested through our platform by the crowd. Rather than pitching to just a small number of offline angel investors, BnkToTheFuture.com brings in extra money on top of those traditional offline investors money.
- At the time of writing this 98% of the businesses that pitch on our platform walk away with some form of money and 47% achieve at least their minimum investment goal, so why not stack the odds in your favour?
- We pool all your investors together into one nominee structure, meaning that you do not have to handle paperwork for hundreds of investors and you can use our platform to keep them updated with a few clicks simply, easily and compliantly. You deal with one investor and we take care of all the legal work.
- By having a deadline and the ability for people to see who else is investing, it makes investors put the money in the bank faster. BnkToTheFuture.com moves investors from ‘I’m interested in investing’ to ‘I just invested’.
- As everyone invests with the correct legal procedure we have time stamped digital records, meaning investors are unlikely come back and sue you later for not understanding what they invested in. This happens frequently when raising finance on your own. We make sure investors understand the risk, everything is compliant and the deal is fair, preventing arguments and problems.
- Many businesses that pitch on our platform attract press, PR and marketing at the same time as raising finance.
- An investor is 85% more likely to watch your CrowdFunding video on BnkToTheFuture.com than if you email them a lengthy business plan. They are 63% more likely to invest if you pitch correctly in that video, so again, why not stack the odds in your favour?
- We qualify investors from all around the world and investors register with us in order to find and invest in businesses just like yours every day. On our homepage you can see thousands of registered investors, so why not apply now and you might be able to expose your business to them?
Are there any up-front costs?
No win no fee - if you don’t raise anything, you don’t pay us
If you do raise funds, we charge a 5% success fee on all funds raised, applied if and only if you successfully raise funds.
Any investment funds raised are subject to a fixed legal/administration success fee of $2000, applied if and only if you successfully raise investment funds.
If you pay investors dividends or sell your company and distribute funds through our platform then we administer payments for 5% of the funds distributed through our platform to investors.
Will BnkToTheFuture.com invest in my company?
We have a ‘no-win, no fee’ structure. We have no up-front costs. Should you need help getting your business investment ready or need help creating the perfect pitch video, we have supporting services with separate agreements. To launch a pitch on our website, there is no fee, but you must apply first.
What makes BnkToTheFuture.com different?
We have several funds under management that invest in companies listed on BnkToTheFuture.com that meet the funds criteria and meet a minimum funding goal depending on the fund.
In some cases we are able to invest in your company too through one of our funds.
Who is BnkToTheFuture.com Regulated By?
Here are 7 platform features that make people choose us to raise finance:
- RAISE MONEY EVEN IF YOU MISS YOUR GOAL - We built a solution for you that means you almost always get some form of money no matter what.
- INVESTORS ARE MORE LIKELY TO INVEST - We estimate that when sending investors business plans through email, over 85% of investors don’t invest because they cannot be bothered to read your business plan. It is much easier for them to view your pitch on our platform and it gets a higher conversion rate.
- MORE WAYS TO INVEST - All new investors get free digital currency to invest in your company. We then allow people to invest more using all the major currencies globally through bank transfer, card payment, and even Bitcoin. How hard is it to offer people a free investment in your business paid for by BnkToTheFuture.com?
- YOU ONLY GET ONE SHAREHOLDER - We have no interest in taking shares in your company just for raising finance, but we set up a very tax efficient structure where we hold your investors interests for them, meaning you get all the benefits of only have one legal shareholder with all the benefits of having lots of investors to support your business, reducing a huge amount of admin work for your company while reaping the benefits.
- BUILT TO GO VIRAL - With a few clicks, all your Gmail, Yahoo, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Email contacts can find out about your pitch and we even offer them a free small investment paid for by BnkToTheFuture.com. Qualifying investors are then able to invest more, while the rest support you.
- LEGAL PROTECTION FOR YOUR COMPANY - If you want to be the next big business then you will need to remain compliant & protect your company. We prevent you having to pay huge legal fees, yet you will still have optimised legal agreements benefiting your business and all of your new investors.
- MULTIPLE SOURCES OF MONEY - We allow investors to invest in both new digital & traditional currencies globally, which means increasing your money pool exponentially. There are global investors and billions of dollars worth of digital currencies out there (Such as Bitcoin) waiting to invest in your business. We take all qualifying funds, but pay you one simple payment in the currency of your choice.
Do you charge Fees to my investors?
BNK To The FUTURE (HK) Limited (Company Number 2205217) is Incorporated and registered in Hong Kong under the Companies Bill 2011. This website (Trading name BnkToTheFuture.com) is operated by BNK TO THE FUTURE Limited (Company Number CO-296093) Incorporated and registered in Cayman Islands under the Companies Law 2013. BNK TO THE FUTURE Limited is registered with the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA Licence No. 1189274).
In August 2012 BnkToTheFuture.com also had the public pages of our website approved as a financial promotion by an FCA authorised firm where we had to legally verify all information on the public pages of our website at the time and go through a rigorous verification and due diligence process. This was approved by a top 20 audit & accountancy firm Crowe Clark Whitehill.
We take your trust very seriously.
Are my business secrets safe?
We do NOT charge investors to invest or back your pitch. We align our fee structure with investors returns.
We charge investors a 5% fee on dividends payed in the future, and 5% if you exit your company.
Upon investing investors may incur a payment processing fee levied by the payment processing merchant. This will be stated upon investing if this is the case & the exact amount before they back or invest in your pitch.
I want venture capital. Is BnkToTheFuture.com right for me?
We will only ask you for very basic information about your business at this point, so you do not need to share any confidential information. As we deal with thousands of businesses we are unable to sign NDA forms as we often find you may be doing something similar to another business raising finance with us or applying for finance.
We treat your information as confidential and take your trust very seriously.
What types of business are accepted?
Venture Capital (VC) is normally only for businesses that have achieved a lot already and are in a position to raise millions. VC firms normally wait for you to have built a perfect product which generates millions in sales or has millions of users/customers already. If you are not at this stage yet, then Venture Capital is very unlikely.
Having said that, we are not a substitute for VC funding should you require millions. You can raise finance through the crowd at the same time so you can benefit from both the good points of VC finance and Crowd Finance. We would help structure your company so that your new investors do not get in the way of the VC deal. More and more businesses are doing raising finance through both the crowd and VC’s and we have a process to support this and prevent you putting all your eggs in one basket, just in case no VC funding is secured.
Most businesses that raise finance through our platform also intend to raise venture capital funding as their business grows, so we would love to hear from you if this is the case.
How do I know when to raise finance?
We raise early stage and growth finance for businesses incorporated all around the globe. We have a real specialisation in financial innovation, but also consider other businesses.
Your business must be for-profit and have the ambition to sell your company in the future or float it on a stock market. If you are not willing to do this then it is not right for equity investors as you are unable to offer them a return on investment.
If you are a mature company, we do not raise finance for businesses that are going through financial difficulty or are going through a complicated restructuring process that the crowd-investors will not easily understand.
We are unable to raise finance for political campaigns, ‘fund my life’ projects, lifestyle businesses deeply dependent upon one person's personal brand & skills, charity’s or not for profit organisations.
If you fit our criteria then we would love to see your application.
Are international businesses accepted?
We accept both startup businesses and mature companies.
If you are a Startup, we suggest that the right time to use us is when you can demonstrate your product and it is already created. We are happy to accept earlier stage prototypes, but you will need mockups and some form of prototype to demonstrate to us before pitching to investors on our platform.
Absolutely. We are interested in your business no matter where it is from. As long as it meets our compliance standards and requirements we will setup a special entity to raise finance for your company anyway.