$1,103,980 Invested from 29 investors.
Qualifying investors can now co-invest with Barry Silbert’s Digital Currency Group, Pantera Capital, Blockchain Capital and Bitcoin Capital in BitPesa – the company making payments in and out of Africa become a reality.
Africa has the fastest growing middle-class and over US$250 billion in payments between its top markets like Nigeria, Kenya, the US, Europe and Asia. Yet, there are no pan-African payment companies, they only have 3% penetration of credit cards, and the average cost of international transfers is 12% or more with 7-14 days of settlement time.
BitPesa was inspired by the mobile money revolution, which allowed Kenya to become the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world.
BitPesa links local systems in each country to international payment rails and Visa Europe has just launched a pilot application using BitPesa.
BitPesa now offers global financial inclusion to 4 African countries and is now open to qualifying investors on our online investment platform here.
- 40% Month-On-Month growth in volume in November from a diversified customer base. Sales of Bitcoin in Kenya and Nigeria are driving 82% of this total volume.
- Received signed partnership from Interswitch – the largest Switch in Africa and launched pilot remittances App with Visa Europe. Has been awarded a $50,000 grant from The World Bank to reduce the cost of international payments.
- Newly Licensed in the UK by the FCA to progress payments to and from Africa and currently live in four African countries – Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
- Co-Invest with top tier investors in the Blockchain sector, including – Barry Silbert’s Digital Currency Group, Pantera Capital, Blockchain Capital, Bitcoin Capital and BitFury Group.
Qualifying investors can check out BitPesa here.
In The News
- Our CEO gave commentary on Venture Capital Investment in Blockchain companies in China here.
- And the Bank Of England planning their move into Blockchain here.
Max Keiser and Simon Dixon discuss their investment in BitPesa and interview Elizabeth Rossiello, CEO and co-founder of BitPesa.
Other BnkToTheFuture News
Congratulations to Uphold who achieved their funding goal within 7 days, they raised over $3,100,000 in their Series ‘B’ extension round.
- 6 Days Left:
Congratulations to BraveNewCoin who has now surpassed their minimum funding goal having currently raised over $500,000 from 57 professional investors to bring Blockchain Big Data to the financial sector. Qualifying investors can watch the live updates here.
- More Returns:
With over 127,000 dividends already paid to investors through Bitcoin Capital, you can now access the live statistics on our homepage which allows investors to know how many dividends have been paid to investors so far. We launched Bitcoin Capital 3 and it is already over 26% subscribed. Bitcoin Capital 3 has now surpassed its minimum funding goal too.
- More Investors:
We are delighted to have over 16,000 registered professional investor members on our platform who are waiting for more Financial & Technological Innovation investment opportunities to invest in. First time qualifying investors are able to receive a complimentary investment on us. Click here to find an opportunity you like.
- More Financial Innovation & Technology:
If you are involved in a Financial & Technological Innovation business, then we would love to receive your application and explore if you can raise investment with us. You can see our live Pitch statistics and success rates when you scroll down at the end of our home page. Once you have checked them out make a quick application for finance here and we will follow up.